Regarding 802.15.4 compliant 16-bit MCU boards.

Hi,

I am working on ZigBee protocol stack.

I need an 802.15.4 compliant 16-bit MCU board.

Can anyone suggest me any vendor who satisfies my requirement ?.

Awaiting your reply at the earliest.

Regards, Sameer

Reply to
Sameer

Eric

Hi,

Hi,

Thank you for your immediate reply.

I would like to clarify here is that, I need a board which does not have the ZigBee Protocol Stack as well as the MAC layer embedded into it.

Our requirement is only an 802.15.4 compliant

16-bit MCU board with the source code of MAC.

The MAC code shall be removable.

If the above requirements are met with the devices you have mentioned in your previous mail, I would provide the required details to you.

I look forward to your reply asap.

Regards, Sameer

Reply to
Sameer

You should contact SoftBaugh. They have a range of RF products and they have Star and point-to-point options in addition to ZigBee. They can also do custom work to meet your requirements.

You can get a source license for their protocol stack, but that applies only to the non-ZigBee stack. I don't know of any vendor who provides the option of a source license for a ZigBee stack but I'd love to hear about it if anyone knows of one.

By the way, Jennic has a terrific price point for their 32 bit RF combo chips with internal ZigBee in ROM. The stack is not removable and there is no flash in these (only mask ROM), but they're dirt cheap and they are easy to interface to another MCU. These are basically an applicance type chip that you add to another MCU design.

Eric

Reply to
Eric