Re: The monthly Microsoft recruiterspam

>I recruit for W2 Contract opportunities onsite at Microsoft in

>>Redmond, WA. Looking at your resume, I think you would > Ah, the regularly scheduled Microsoft recruiter email... at least they > don't call me on the phone any more.

Nice rant, but this is not to work for MS and get stock options, but to work as a serf contractor at MS. There is a big difference.

--
Pat
Reply to

Oh, I get both types of emails from MS recruiters - some internal, some external (like this one).

It's OK - I wouldn't work for MS as a contractor either :)

Reply to
larwe

It took me about 2.5 years to get M$ off my back after their first unsolicited approach; they seem fundamentally incapable of understanding that *someone might not want to work for them*. The first position they approached me about was... well, not ideal, because the project they wanted to recruit me for was fundamentally broken, technically... but at least did want the right technical skills, but then I started getting approached about all kinds of program manager and tech evangelist roles for stuff I knew nothing and cared less about!

pete

--
pete@fenelon.com "That is enigmatic. That is textbook enigmatic..." - Dr Who
                 "There's no room for enigmas in built-up areas." - N Blackwell