Re: Message Queues (2.4 vs. 2.6)

I am seeing a dramatic difference between 2.4.26 and 2.6.10 in how

> fast messages are transferred to a log file using a message queue, > i.e., using msgsnd & msgrcv. On 2.4.26, the messages appear in the > log file in at most a few seconds. On 2.6.10, it may take 20 to 30 > seconds before the messages appear in the log file. Since the log > file is there primarily to help debug crashes, very little useful > information is there with this large delay. I am using a powerpc > processor. > > Has anyone else seen this sort of behavior in 2.4 vs. 2.6 and are > there any suggestions on how to fix it?

Maybe it is obvious to everybody else, but I have not idea what you are referring to. 2.4 of what?

--
Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org & http://www.FreeRTOS.org/shop
17 official architecture ports, more than 5000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.
Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

Linux kernel version, I assume.

Reply to