Re: How to calculate 0-100kph and 100-0 using 2D accelerometer

> Hi all! > I'm mucking about with an AVR/PIC uC and want to choose a suitable > accelerometer > (probably from Analog Devices - but please let me know of any suitable > alternatives!) > to give me good accuracy to calculate 0-62mph times, max lateral G force, > braking G's > etc > > What I do need is for someone to point me in the right direction with > regards to how > I can calculate such things using only the accelerometer and a known car > weight? > > TIA! > Adam

the only input you need is acceleration. Integrate once to get speed, then again to get distance. Of course, the devil is in the detail :-)...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Quayle

The weight of the car is not part of the above calculations.

Use a 3D accelerometer so that you can calculate the true vector and eliminated errors due to body roll and pitch. Gain and offset erros in the accelerameters will accumulate over time, making velocity (and distance) calcs more and more inaccurate.

Oh, and don't cross-post so much and you wont have to look at so many groups to see the answers ;-) Bob

Reply to
Bob