ACCELEROMETER MOVEMENT VIEWED IN 3D

I am able to take the digital out-put data (X,Y,Z axis) from my accelerometer and save it to an Excell file. I can plot the data using but can't get a real good feel for what is really going on with the movement of the accelerometer. Is there software that I can down load this data into, view it in 3D, and be able to se it from different angles? I would also like be able to view the movement in real-time also. Ultimately, I would like to compare one person's movement against another's doing similar tasks. Are there any software packages or information out there that may lead me in the right for my particular application? I have limited experience with accelerometer and for that matter electronics. Any information would greatly be appreciated.

Reply to
DaveK

Just in case you don't already know this, acceleration is the rate of change of velocity, which itself is the rate of change of position. So if you want to visualize the motion of the accelerometer position as it moves in space, you will need to integrate its output twice: Once to get to velocity, and integrate that to get position.

Integration in the digital world is simply summation of data points. So the second output point of the integrator is the sum of the first and second input points, the third output point is the sum of input points 1-3, and so on.

Best regards,

Bob Masta D A Q A R T A Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Signal Generator Science with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta

interpreting the data correctly is 99 percent of the task.

use a simulator that places the accelerator stationary, and uses the data to perform a graphic dx/dy of the wall planes as time progresses. 3d visualization can be very helpful in many aspects of device / result interaction.

you may find it easier to generate many multiple images and create a GIF file that is easily viewed also. transparency of the bitmaps should be enabled to allow all planes to be viewable as they are displayed sequentially

happy fishin!

Reply to
HapticZ