Re: Help needed for microcontroller based project.

Hi Group,

> We are a group of four B.E students studying in M.h.S.S. COE, Mumbai, > India. We writing to you to seek some help and guidance. Since this is > our first microcontroller based project, we are unaware about the > practicalities and methodologies that go into it. > In our project, we have decided to use the following: > AT89C52/AT89S52: MICROCONTROLLER > DS1307: RTC > MAX232/MAX485: LEVEL CONVERTER > AT24C1024: SERIAL EEPROM > 4051B: 8:1 ANALOG MUX > IC 741/ LM324: COMPARATOR > > LOGIC: 8 channels connected to the MUX, depending on which input is > enables, MUX selects it and sends it to the COMPARATOR. The second > input to comparator is a reference voltage. Comparator's output to port > 1.0. Ports 1.1,1.2,1.3 as selects lines to MUX. Ports 1.4,1.5 for > intefacing with memory. Ports 3.0,3.1 as RXD and TXD. Ports 3.2,3.3,3.4 > for interfacing with RTC. > Using select lines of MUX , we wish to determine which channel is > enabled. > using RTC we wish to sore the real time and pin number in EEPROM. Using > RS232C we wish to display this data on a PC. > > We are facing the following queries: > 1. Is our logic correct? Are all the Ic's comaptible?
*** Check datasheets with
2. Useful tips from your side.
*** Search topics on

> We are in the stage of preparing the circuit diagram and there are many > doubts which occur. We would like you to suggest software for > preparing schematics and layout. Is there some software available which > directly converts schematic to layout? Please give names.
***

> The next challenge is the software side. In our syllabus we have learnt > C/C++. Since you have mastered this, please guide us how to write the > programs and routines and recommend compliers, simulators and other > software related to programming. Are programs and codes available on > net? If yes, Please give the resource locations or websites.
***

> Any help will be really encouraging and greatly appreicated by us. We > look forward for some positive response. > Last but not the least, we wish you a very happy and prosperous new > year. > Thanking you and with best regards, > Adam Mashraqui. > (on behalf of the group) >
*** Do some work yourself before asking others to do it for you. People on this newsgroup will happily answer any specific questions but it's insulting to ask for the half the project to be done by others!

In any case, your questions indicate that you are not competent enough to complete the project.

Ross

Reply to
Ross Marchant