Re: free waveform drawing tool

Hello serkan,

- snipped-for-privacy@p24g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...

> > > Any suggestions for a free waveform drawing tool? > > > > inkscape or word alike tools take too much time for edition. > > > some free tools does not let more than 10 clock cycles > > > some free tools does not let more than 5 or 6 signals > > > > kind regards > > > serkan > > >
> > > MIKE

I am having trouble figuring out other aspects of using this program. I noticed that the author's web site doesn't have a forum for users, so I've started a Yahoo group for users to discuss this program and hopefully provide support to one another.

I am trying to draw a diagram to help me visualize the advantages of replacing registers with latches in designs with tight timing. It seems like an uphill struggle given that I can't tell if the things I try don't work because that isn't the way the tool works or if I'm just not using it right. I'm not finding this tool to be very intuitive. But then maybe I'm just not thinking along the right vein.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

snipped-for-privacy@p24g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...

Hi Rick,

I was away for week and didn't see your response. Yes, the program is now freeware and I'm the only developer at this time. I work full time as a design engineer so I don't get a lot of time to develop the program. As a result, progress is slow but I'm always working on new features and bug fixes. I'm focusing the next few releases on bug fixes and improvements and better documentation.. I did at one time have a user forum, so I will add that back again. There is also a new code repository started for python scripts at:

Printing will be supported, but for now, you have to save the diagram as an image and print the image. I realize the program is not as polished as some of the commercial quality alternatives, but that will change in time.

If you have any questions, just let me know, my email is:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
timinganalyzer

,

snipped-for-privacy@p24g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...

Hi Rick,

I added 3 new user forums on the website. GUI HELP, Script HELP, and New Features and Improvement Request.

-Dan

Reply to
timinganalyzer

ws,

snipped-for-privacy@p24g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...

new

I can't figure out how to add uncertainty window to a bus. Any trick?

Thanks!

Reply to
jimw567

e:

is

iews,

es

snipped-for-privacy@p24g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...

m.

,

ram

ll

n new

new

ram

You have to add a Delay and include the uncertainty in the values for min, typ, and max.

1) select the source edge ( click in edge) from a clock or other signal 2) select the destination edge (click in edge with shft key down) in the bus 3) add Menu - Delay (ctrl 7). That brings up the Delay Panel and the User Delay and Constraints Panel on the left 4) select User Delays and Constraints Panel. (click in tab). 5) make a User delay that contains the min, typ, and max delay values with the uncertainties. Add the User Delay 6) select the User Delay Panel(click in tab). select that User Delay in the Delay Panel. Add the delay.

Once a User Delay has been added, it can be used in other Delays and steps 4 and 5 in the procedure above are not needed.

I hope this helps. Dan

Reply to
timinganalyzer