Re: Amazing or just moronic - please advise :D :D

Hard to believe but it did happen...

Eh, that's regulations and bureaucracy for you. I had to fill out the same info when ordering a handful of buffer chips from Digi-Key.

-a

Reply to
Anders.Montonen

The moral of this fable appears to be: "Unless you are based in USA, don't buy from USA-based companies."

RCIngham

There may actually be more truth to that then any of us would care to admit! :-( I know that when I have had to work with firms overseas, it was a royal PITA to come up with components that would be:

- available

- affordable

- not subject to COCOM issues

This adds a whole new "political" (bad choice of word but "fits" here as contrasting with "engineering") side to the design process. Actually depressing to see how easily you can get "hobbled" by these sorts of constraints. :<

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Tim Wescott skrev 2011-05-13 00:52:

Personally, I would have sent a photo...

BR Ulf Samuelsson

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson