Programming AMD type Nor flash.

I am working with samsung s3c2410 and ST M29W320T flash. The flash is AMD type Nor. I am using trace32 and going to check flash interface. As far as I heard, to check flash interface one should download file. not just assigning value like checking SDRAM. Please let me know site or information on how to do this or trace32 cmm file. Please answer Thanks.

Reply to
JY Kim

Typically there is a JEDEC programming sequence for each NOR flash manufacturer - so the data sheet on the particular flash IC will show how to erase and reporgram the flash memory.

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

While on the subject, does anyone know how the circuitry of the nor type flash differs with the nand type?

Hul

"Joe G \(Home\)" wrote:

Reply to
dr