Problem with SMTP mail and Siemens TI63

Hi! I have problem with my Siemen TI63 modem. I am trying to send a mail containing "hallo". The sequence i send using hypertherminal is

ATE=0 AT+CMEE=1 AT+CRC=1 AT+COPS=0 AT+CREG=2 AT&C0 AT&D0 AT&S0 AT+CPIN=1177 AT^SICS=1,conType,GPRS0 AT^SICS=1,apn,"online.telia.se" AT^SISS=1,srvType,SMTP AT^SISS=1,alphabet,1 AT^SISS=1,user,martin5 AT^SISS=1,passwd,super AT^SISS=1,smAuth,1 AT^SISS=1,conId,1 AT^SISS=1,address,81.228.11.34 AT^SISS=1,tcpPort,25 AT^SISS=1,smFrom, snipped-for-privacy@telia.com AT^SISS=1,smSubj,Test AT^SISS=1,smRcpt, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com AT^SISS=1,smHdr,"Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2006 12:33:35

+0200\0a\0d\Organization:Super AB" AT^SISO=1 AT^SISW=1,5 Hallo

//the server replies "SMTP Service Error (501): Syntax Error in Parrameters or arguments to RCPT command" Anyone have a clue what is wrong.

Reply to
Glennis
[snip]

I don't know that modem at all. However, SMTP consists of a SMTP protocol part and the message part both of which seem to be intermixed here.

Therefore you might get what you want if you send the smSub line AFTER the smRcpt. Again, I don't know if that helps, but I can imagine that otherwise the modem would use significantly more space (to buffer the message before attempting to connect the remote server) and it might does not like that.

Another potential problem could be that those lines are not terminated with but aparently only with .

HTH

Markus

Reply to
Markus Zingg

Markus Zingg skrev:

Thanx for your reply. As far as i know, all settings are stored in the modem so it doesnt mather what sequence you enter them. Then when you do the connect the settings are used and here is where the problem is shown, not when entering the settings....

Reply to
Glennis

It seems that it is a TC63 modem after all..

Reply to
Glennis

I have done further investigation and managed to get things working on another smtp server running qmail. But now i get the following error SMTP ERROR 451 See

Can anyone adwice how to fix the error or if it is a known error i all siemens modem.

Reply to
Glennis

I don't know anything about SMTP, but did you read the web-page at the link referenced by the error message? It seems to be fairly complete in describing the problem and solutions for various software packages. You need to ensure that there is an ASCII CR before every ASCII LF for line terminations.

Another item that I noticed that may or may not be a problem is "hypertherminal", which sucks even if its spelled correctly ;-)

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
  and we never even know we have the key."
The Eagles, "Already Gone"

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1
Reply to
Michael N. Moran

Michael N. Moran skrev:

Thanx for tha reply. Well i have changed for doclight terminal program :). The thing is that i dont have controll over the output on this modem. I just make the settings using AT^SISS commandos and then the modem does the connection and start sending the email. So i dont know what the modem puts out. =( Otherwice the homesite would been a great help..

Reply to
Glennis
[snip]

Glenis,

I can't help, but you seem to be quite resitant againt advice.

No matter how "cool" your simens modem is, if it has to store the complete e-mail message before it can connect to the remote server, it obviousely will run into problems cause even on that cool modem storeage space is not endles which proofs that the order of how you send the commands matters. Besides, sending first the sender e-mail address, then the recipient and then the mail message data is a superior aproach anyways cause it frees the modem from extensive buffer useage.

In my first reply I already pointed you towards the line ending problem....

HTH

Markus

Reply to
Markus Zingg

Hi i am not against advice. But i can explain how my modem work if you like. As i wrote in my first post. First you do all the mail settings using AT commands. Then the modem translate these settings into a login script. (typ). This login script is send to my smtp server when i want to open a connection. i have no further controll over the connection phase and header, to, from etc. Then when i have a opened connection to the server and the mailheader, etc is written automaticly by the modem. I can start sending data that make up the body text of my email message.

So all the settings are in the modem before connecting but none of the data is,

This is how my modem work, i wich i didnt but it does.

Sorry if i hurt anybody, its just quite frustrating to get it working....

Markus Zingg skrev:

Reply to
Glennis

And we note that many of these AT commands are only terminated with when (as the error message says) they should be terminated with . The first example of this from your original message is this line:

AT+CPIN=1177

Notice that there is no at the end. It is the modem

*user's* responsibility to include these ASCII sequences at the end of each line. One way to ensure this is may be to configure your terminal program to send the sequence each time you type .

My point is this: You *do* have control over the data sent to the modem, and it is that data that is likely in error.

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460
Kennesaw, GA, USA 30144    http://mnmoran.org

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
  and we never even know we have the key."
The Eagles, "Already Gone"

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1
Reply to
Michael N. Moran

Hi! Thanx for your patience, i found the bug. It was the header AT command where "\0a\0d\" became wrong lineend. /tnhax again

Michael N. Moran skrev:

Reply to
Glennis