Portable AVR programmer?

I have a customer who has a bunch of AVR devices out in the field, mostly screwed to the ceiling (wireless). He wishes to upgrade to latest S/W but wants minimum down time (no kidding).

I'm looking for a low cost portable solution i.e. a PDA and dongle say. So a tech can upgrade the customer sites in situ.

Thanks for any pointers

Mark

Reply to
MarkyMark

Is this convenient enough for you?

?partno=KF0

020

Peter

Reply to
moocowmoo

Thanks moocowmoo,

It's a start. The system is a "wireless point of sale" setup with remote base stations and Palm 515's all with a AVR/RF module. I was really looking for something using the the Palms since they are already on site. Software upgrades could be mailed out and loaded without additional equipment, which is quite a saving considering the number of different sites that need to be covered.

Mark

mostly

but

So

?partno=KF0

Reply to
MarkyMark

How about using a Toshiba Libretto 50/70/100/110 (readily available on eBay) and an ISP dongle? The Libretto is a Pentium laptop roughly the size of a VHS videocassette. I use one for my email and writing (and as a portable hard drive). Expect to pay about $180 on eBay.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

I got that email too.... He'll be wanting one of these perhaps:

Greg the Grog

p.s. Did you get Ted's pressure sensor sorted? My info. from last time.

2k2 is correct for the Rgain. G = 22.222222' + 1 0.84mV * 23.222222 = 19.5mV / PSI ADC in 8bit mode w/5Vref = 19.53mV / bit. The ADC result is then in PSI and sent to the top for conversion based on 1.47PSI / M or 0.45PSI / ft. (3.25ft/M) Near enough for rock and roll. (14.7PSI / Atmos) (1Atmos = 10M in salt water)

255PSI max. (on a 250PSI sensor) If he can get down to 173M on 100M cable then he's got bigger problems than pressure gauge accuracy. :-)

Reply to
Grog

Grogster,

Hmmm this one is similar to the Kanda one - Got something for the Palm ? I guess it doesn't exist (yet)... Right out with the Code Warrior and that nice little USB chip from FTDI. How long could it take.......

Yeah, turns out it all runs off 5V anyways. Cranked it up to 90psi and bingo

200ft popped up on the screen. Had to change ZERO_OFFSET to get it to match 5V setup. Game over (I hope).....

MarkyMark

Reply to
MarkyMark

So a

Thanks Lewin

My first thoughts were of a Lap/Palm top since it is a "native" PC. But the customer has sites all over the planet and the cost started to escalate for that many field techs - hence the Palm idea since the customer already has a bunch of these.

Mark

Reply to
MarkyMark

What you really want then is an AVR, say, interfaced to a Palm, that will program the AVR in your units?

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

Igor Dorrestijn