PIC24 newbie question "Unused Fragments" ?

Hi,

I am new to the PIC24 series and on compiling an existing program for the PIC 24FJ256B106 using the CCS compiler under MPLAB-X I notice that the the .STA file has the statement "ROM used: 12464 (7%)" followed by "66048 (38%) including unused fragments". I did a search on the CCS forums without much luck, can anyone give me the skinny on what causes these unused fragments and how to minimise them ? They currently occupy more than 5 times the working code so I would prefer not to have them if possible.

Apologies if this is a very trivial q.

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to