OT: dealextreme.com dying or what?

I used to buy small stuff from them and they worked just fine last few years. Lately I had two small orders delayed for may be a month before shipping although I had been careful to pick only things which listed as "in stock" (and kept on listing so after I got them into "backorder" status....). The second of the two orders has yet to materialize, after I clicked "cancel order" it changed state to "prepare shippment", LOL. The first one got only partially shipped and their search no longer locates it, "no such order" (and they still owe me a $1.30 rubber snake :-) ). Not a grave issue, of course, these two orders have been well < $20, but they used to be a convenient source for some stuff. No longer so, I'm afraid. This is just FYI; other peoples recent experiences will also be interesting.

Dimiter

dp

Yeah, I ordered a bunch of high-power LEDs for an aquarium lighting unit, shelved the project for a while, then when I went back to it I found they'd shafted me by only sending ~50% of the LEDs. They were all wrapped individually in bubble-wrap, so it wasn't easy to tell, and I just assumed that delivered =3D=3D ok. Not so much. DX wouldn't give me a refund either because I'd not complained immediately.

Never buying from them again.

Simon

Reply to
Simon

Reporting your problem here may help you feel better but the place to let the rest of the world know is resellerratings.com

I have been more recently dealing with Dino Direct who sells the same sort of stuff in the same way, free postal shipping via slow boat. They seemed to be ok until I placed an order where one item was not shipped. They billed the credit card for the full amount anyway which I consider unethical, but I figured I would get a refund. But like you I didn't realize it right away. They didn't dispute the issue, but claimed that they couldn't credit my card and just plain would not give a refund as if they didn't know what a check was.

I was not able to get anything out of them other than offers for credit which I turned down. A couple of weeks later I made a post to resellerratings.com about it. A few days later I heard from them. This itself was unusual as they were slow to return my messages and mostly either didn't understand what I wrote or were playing dumb. They understood that my post on resellerratings.com was something they didn't want. Still they refused to give me a $2 refund. In the end I talked them up to a $5 credit to cover an item I found useful. I don't think I've ordered from them since, but next time I need an electronic dongle I will. Oh yeah, then they wanted me to remove my negative post on resellerratings.com

They also have some issues with their listings. I was looking at a car GPS which included a backup camera for $122. It was only after I asked questions that I realized the unit was just the hardware and didn't come with real GPS software!!! You have to buy that separately and from someone other than them! Isn't that bizarre?

Rick

Reply to
rickman

ive

Thanks - never heard of that site, but I've added my "review" ... they didn't turn out well...

Simon

Reply to
Simon

Well, they just re-invented themselves, and sent out emails to all customers.

dx.com

Cheers Don...

=========================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

ers.

Must have gathered too much negative feedback lately hence the move. Beats me why they had to begin cheating with the "stocked" data, their busyness seemed to flourish. Apparently some lessons can only be learned the hard way, must be part of human nature.

Dimiter

Reply to
dp