Open Source FSM and Message Passing Framework

Hi all,

I was just wondering if any one knows of any open source state machine and message passing framework for embedded applications. I have worked with good tools like Rhapsody and state flow and find the pattern to be very efficient for embedded systems. but these tools are extremely expensive , and I am looking for some cheaper or open source alternative for personal use.

so far i have found one :

I have read the documentation and it sounds good , and I am going to give it a go. Has anyone tried it ? is it any good?

Thanks In advance

Rate

Reply to
ratemonotonic

I had previously mentioned in this group a project that I've been working on which was called "SMIL". It was/is to be an open source state machine/message passing tool that would allow a single system or multiple systems to be defined along with their interactions.

At the time I posted, in April I think. There wasn't much interest. It was suggested that I change the name because "SMIL" is already taken a a language name.

I subsequently changed the name to RPAIL.

I haven't done much on developing RPAIL recently because: 1. There wasn't a lot of interest, and 2. it's summer time in the northern hemisphere.

I would like to continue on with the project as time permits.

I have current information (not much!) at

The main thing to see there is the current, incomplete, documentation:

-Rich

Reply to
Richard Pennington