No DHCPOFFERS received.

Hello guys I have the cable modem internet connectrd to my PC through the DHCP and I want to access the internet on my arm board and for that I just connected the internet cable to my arm board and got the following result

# eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0x05C1

It means th emini is detecting the etherenet cable and thereafter I ran this command:

# /etc/init.d/networking restart

the output is :

Reconfiguring network interfaces...There is already a pid file /var/run/dhclient.eth1.pid with pid 25

killed old client process, removed PID file Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client V3.1.1 Copyright 2004-2008 Internet Systems Consortium. All rights reserved. For info, please visit

Listening on LPF/eth1/08:08:11:18:12:27 Sending on LPF/eth1/08:08:11:18:12:27 Sending on Socket/fallback Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client V3.1.1 Copyright 2004-2008 Internet Systems Consortium. All rights reserved. For info, please visit

eth1: link down Listening on LPF/eth1/08:08:11:18:12:27 Sending on LPF/eth1/08:08:11:18:12:27 Sending on Socket/fallback DHCPDISCOVER on eth1 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 5 eth1: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0x45E1 DHCPDISCOVER on eth1 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 12 DHCPDISCOVER on eth1 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 20 DHCPDISCOVER on eth1 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 19 DHCPDISCOVER on eth1 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 5 No DHCPOFFERS received. No working leases in persistent database - sleeping. done.

I am not able to get the connection .

the /etc/networks/interfaces file is as follows :

# Used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8). See the interfaces(5) manpage or # /usr/share/doc/ifupdown/examples for more information.

auto lo iface lo inet loopback

auto eth1 iface eth1 inet DHCP

#auto wlan0 #iface wlan0 inet dhcp # wireless-key 1234567890 # wireless-essid myssid # wireless-channel 4

I am not able to get the problem , please help me as I want the internet connection to my arm board for a purpose

thank you

piyushpandey

Try power-cycling the cable modem. Some modems only support a single internal DHCP lease grant, and enforce it by remembering the MAC address of the attached device. A power cycle often will reset that memory and allow a different device to get a DHCP grant.

Note, if your modem has a built-in battery back-up, you'll also need to disconnect the battery during the power cycle.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Paff

[...]

Pull out the power plug and stick it in your nose. It'l help. Shameful lamer.

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

^^^^ Your cable is plugged into this device.

^^^^

Why are you plugging the cable into eth0 when your DHCP client is listening on eth1 ?

Is this a learning exercise for a hobbyist project or is this for a commercial project ?

My advice would be for you to read some tutorials on how Ethernet/IP based networks work. Once you have done that, you should be able to develop some debugging techniques which will enable you to resolve many of these questions yourself.

Simon.

Simon Clubley

It is clear the OP does not have a understanding of basic Ethernet/IP concepts, and is equally clearly not performing the basic research needed to understand those same concepts but I still think that was uncalled for.

However, I see this lack of been able/willing to carry out basic research to fill in gaps in knowledge quite a bit in various online places these days.

What I don't understand is why.

Is this a cultural thing, in which maybe learning a series of facts by rote is promoted instead of learning how to connect the dots and carry out research on your own initiative ?

Or is it a generational thing in general, in which more recent generations, regardless of culture, are not been taught how to do basic research for some reason ?

Simon.

Simon Clubley

  • The proliferation of knowledge altogether with positive upbringing and "you can do it" attitude tremendously increased the number of dolts poking their noses into the things far beyond their comprehension.
  • All people are equal, it is not a shame to be an idiot monkey. If I don't know something, this is because of *YOU* didn't teach me that.
  • Places like Google or Wikipedia and tools like MatLab or LabView create an illusory feeling of knowledge and capabilities. The typical sign of modern time is a man babbling technical terminology words without any understanding what this means and how this works.
  • From many engineering tasks, only a few have to be done for good. The vast majority of the jobs is just a dumb legwork which should be done somehow. The IT market demands a bulk of cheap mediocre laborers.
  • Many elephant riders and rice farmers decided that they can make clean and well paying job; however, culturally they still remain farmers and riders.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky