Nice IDE for ARM?

Hi,

Are there any (preferably free and/or open-source) IDE's for the ARM processor similar to AVRStudio, for example?

Guy

Guy Fawkes

It's not free, but Rowley Crossworks for ARM (based on the gcc compiler) has a very nice IDE which includes a debugger and simulator.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

if you want a free IDE the Eclipse + openOCD is a working solution.

..richard

Guy Fawkes wrote:

Reply to
betterone11

Microcross Visual X-Tools is also based on gcc and is much better than the Rowley tools.

--
Scott
Validated Software Corp.

Do they have a visual debugger for embedded devices?

Reply to
Eric

The Rowley debugger is much better than GDB, which Microcross uses.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

I think you are correct, it uses GDB, but our experience differs from yours. We found the Rowley debugger to be just awful. It was buggy and locked up the PC repeatedly. The only recovery was a reboot. I believe it is still the current version. It was only a few months ago that we used it.

The Microcross implementation is much more stable. We have used it with both Multi-Ice and Abatron JTAG emulators.

Scott

Reply to
Not Really Me

I don't have any problems with the Rowley debugger.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

I've used the Rowley CrossConnect JTAG device and it has never caused the PC any problems. On some occasions, if there is a major problem on the target then the CrossConnect can fail to recover from the error and needs to be reconnected. Very rarely I had to restart the IDE as well.

I've never seen the PC lock up from it though and the worst that has happened is that the IDE crashes itself.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

Try Nucleus EDGE eclipse based IDE

Reply to
Tick

Try Nucleus EDGE eclipse based IDE

Reply to
Tick

: states

Pricing and Availability

Licenses for the complete Nucleus EDGE development suite begin at U.S. $3,000 per seat.

The OP asked (preferably free and/or open-source).

I guess sales buys will try anything.

Reply to
Donald