Newbie help with PicBasic and Noritake Display

Hello all,

I am just getting started with my first Basic Stamp project, and it sure is neat! I have done plenty of PLC programming before and its so cool to have similar functionality in such a small, affordable unit!

Anyhow, I have a Noritake CU20025CPB-T20A Serial VFD display. I set the jumpers to 9600/No Parity. I can send it text and it displays fine. I just have a question about how to access the special features of the display, such as clearing the screen, turning the cursor off, etc. I downloaded the spec sheet, and for example, it says "Clear Display-

0EH". What do I do with this information? Hehe, my newbie-ism is shining brighter and brighter here, forgive me :). I tried serout'ing "0EH" and it just prints "0EH" on the display. I kinda figured that wasn't it. Anybody know what to do here?

Thanks a ton! CoogarXR

Reply to
CoogarXR

fine.

the

Don't you just hate that when you figure something out right after you post? In answer to myself, convert the Hex 0EH to Decimal 14 and serout [14]. Taa-daa...

Thanks for humoring me... CoogarXR

Reply to
CoogarXR