New toothbrush with "onboard computer"

Anyone know what micro is in that new Oral B toothbrush being advertised heavily right now?

--Keith

Reply to
Keith

It is almost certainly an Elan/EMC, WinBond, or SunPlus. PICs, 8051s, ARMs, etc are far too expensive.

--
Guy Macon
Reply to

Depends, on the quantity manufactured for a start. PICs can be surprisingly cheap in very large quantities. I found one in a hairdryer once, and we used one in a CO2 detector that was made in million off quantities.

With people like WinBond you will find they are unlikely to do business with you unless your annual spend exceeds USD 1 million.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Could be Atmel Tiny11