MLF28 and TQFP28

Hi,

I see the two package format are similar. What is the advantage of MLF and TQFP? Which one is cheaper?

Thanks!

Reply to
terry

If I remember correctly, TQFP is 25mils spacing and MLF is 0.5mm.

MLF is certainly cheaper for the chip and PCB.

But:

  1. Most of the chips I am dealing with are still in mils, unfortunately. Having mixed systems is just a headache for me.

  1. Assembly costs are ridulous for MLF, especially for small volume.

Reply to
Linnix