MII TXER

I'm planning to use National's 83848 PHY with the SAM7X256. But despite of its said to support MII interface (as SAM7X), it lacks one signal: "TX_ER". Im currently planning to enable this pin as general purpose IO and use it for different purpose (as phy does not have it). Please tell me that do I really need TXER signal for correct working of MAC (MII interface) + PHY?

Regards David

Reply to
Bool