MCU with 3 UARTs

Hi all,

Has anyone used a Low power MCU with 3 hardware UARTs.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Niladri Bose.

Reply to
ratemonotonic

How low is low?

If low means less than 10mA at 3.3V, I've used all three hardware UARTS on the AT91SAM7S256.

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson

The AVR32 series often have 4 UARTS, with varying support for handshaking and modem control.

Reply to
bob

The STR7 and STR9 ARM MCUs from ST has three UARTs.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Thanks , is there any 8 bit micros with 3 uarts?

Reply to
ratemonotonic

Afaik, there is an AVR with 4 UARTS. lookup the atmel site. Something like ATMega64x

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Yes, the ASIX AX110xx series have 3 uarts, and a high speed core:

Pops up 4th for a google for

80C51 core "three uart"

Or, you can use something like the tiny AT89LP21x from Atmel, as a low cost, (very) Smart SPI uart, and add as many UARTs as you like. NXP also have fixed function SPI-UART devices.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Atmel AVR ATmega640/1280/2560 - they have four.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Frank-Christian Krügel

Reply to
Frank-Christian Kruegel

Thank very much for helpful suggestions , I will read all these datasheets.

Reply to
ratemonotonic

There might be something in the Cypress Psoc range that can be configured for 3 UARTS.

If one of the UARTs is transmit-only, you can sometimes use SPI ports to generate UART data, if the data length and clocking options are sufficiently flexible, e.g. the SSP on many of NXP's LPC2xxx ARM parts can do this.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

UARTS.

Yes, this is correct.

I am using a PsoC to get 6 --- 1/2 duplex UARTS PLUS 1 full duplex UART.

They can be configured for 4 (four) full duplex UARTS, or you can re-configure on the fly a receiver to be a transmitter and vis-a-vers-a as I am doing. This product is for a "hub" used with our company's existing products.

boB K7IQ

generate UART data, if the

many of NXP's LPC2xxx

Reply to
boB

Hi I have a similar question , has anyone used a low power (3.3V) with 3 XUSART modules.(I'm trying to implement SDLC/HDLC protocols) Thanks

Reply to
tguclu

The small ColdFires have 3 hardware UARTs ("low power" is a pretty vague term) if you need more processing power, otherwise the AVRs are a good choice.

Reply to
David Brown

So you want 3 SDLC/HDLC ports ?

Those are relatively rare in uC:

Infineon had a C165 variant with HDLC, and the STR71x from ST has one HDLC channel.

Then in uP, we have Rabbit, 6 uart, of which 2 Chans can do HDLC, and you could even look at the Zilog Comms controllers, ( or even Z80382, which DOES have 3 x HDLC, tho that's probably a bigger call for a new design....)

Innovasic have some HDLC devices, they have the venerable 8044, and perhaps more interesting is the FIDO series, which does claim to have HDLC support in the UIC blocks, and there are 4 of those.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

tguclu wrote in news:1189408543.913827.147040@

50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

Check out the Freescale Embedded PPC chips 8XX(X) line. Their SCC/UCC support async and SYNC protocols.

Reply to
Allan R. Batteiger

"ratemonotonic" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com...

The ATmega1280 has an 8 bit AVR RISC core and provides 4 UARTs.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson