Logic simulator?

Can anyone recommend a Windows based (freeware preferable) logic simulator program? I really could use one for an embedded system I'm designing (with some very sticky decode and select logic). Everything I've found so far is A) written in Java, and the JVM on my computer won't work or B) Written for Windows 3.1 (complains of missing vga.drv), or C) Written for a platform I don't own. ;-(

Thanks in advance!

-->Neil

Reply to
Neil Bradley

Beige Bag has a freeware "lite" version of their Spice + digital logic simulator at

Limited in components and connections, so you may want to spring for the full pkg.

On the other hand, consider picking up a copy of one of the various VHDL/Verilog/schematic tools for FPGA/CPLD design. Several vendors offer a basic package as freeware or register-ware and some include schematic entry as one of the possible front ends. Check out:

(line wrap warning -- past as one big URL)

or just go to Xilinx and look for their free ISE Webpack.

Also, a free edition of Altera Quartus handles schematic entry and simulation:

On the other, other hand now might be the time to bite the bullet and learn VHDL or Verilog and actually implement your logic in a CPLD vice discretes. You'll be glad you did... ;-)

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Guy the URL Wizard to the rescue!

:)

Reply to
Guy Macon

You're the man, Rich, and you're the guy, Guy. Thanks again as always!

I'm actually going to eventually put the glue in a 9572, so this will work out perfectly. Thank you both!

-->Neil

Reply to
Neil Bradley