linux toosl for PIC32MX development

Hi,

I'm going to be doing some PIC32 development and I'd love to do it under linux if I'm able. We have a PIC32MX and the Microchip ICD2 "hockey puck" JTAG.

I don't care so much about an IDE - I'd rather build my stuff using emacs/gnumake. But what I need are:

  1. A cross-compiler/assembler/linker that runs under linux 2. The debugger.

Keep in mind we also have the MPLAB software - we've bought several development boards. But as far as I've seen, this stuff all runs under Windoze and not linux.

Can anyone give me some pointers/clues? Any help would be appreciated.

--Randy

--
Randy Yates                      % "She's sweet on Wagner-I think she'd die for
Beethoven.

Wagner-I think she'd die for Beethoven.

ini lays down a tune, and

rom her room."

"Rockaria", *A New World Re= cord*, ELO =A0

The PIC32MX is supported by GCC. A quick Google found:

Seriously, this Google search took me less than five minutes, and there were "About 3,860 results".

RK

Reply to
d_s_klein

Wagner-I think she'd die for Beethoven.

ini lays down a tune, and

rom her room."

"Rockaria", *A New World Re= cord*, ELO =A0

I highly recommend the CodeSourcery product. Don't know about Linux debug/JTAG/hockey puck solutions... This might help:

Good luck, Best Regards, Dave

Reply to
Dave Nadler

Ahh, a Google University graduate.

-- Randy Yates % "Ticket to the moon, flight leaves here today Digital Signal Labs % from Satellite 2" mailto:// snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org % 'Ticket To The Moon'

% *Time*, Electric Light Orchestra

Reply to
Randy Yates

today

Moon'

*Time*, Electric Light Orchestra

The ability to do a web search is an asset.

Perhaps you should have viewed that as "constructive criticism"?

Reply to
LittleAlex

today

Moon'

*Time*, Electric Light Orchestra

I don't believe I indicated otherwise.

Perhaps you should learn or review combinatorics: There are almost

500,000 possible combinations of Just one four-letter term from the 26 letters of the English alphabet. Knowing, or guessing, the correct terms to get the information you seek is often not as straightforward as you two seem to believe, and even once you've got a "good" combination, sorting through the mountains of useless information to get to a few good bytes is often time-consuming and error-prone.

So, while I appreciate the response to my request, I in no way apologize for it.

--
Randy Yates                      % "Bird, on the wing,
Digital Signal Labs              %   goes floating by