Jungo WinDriver to replace CyUSB.sys - any experience?

Has anyone done it (and in which case, is the driver available for sale)?

Has anyone experience of Jungo WinDriver for USB?

We would only use it in a simplistic way (it's in my nature) so EP0 and one Bulk transfer endpoint. We do not even have to have asynchronous I/O.

Will I be able to remain blissfully ignorant about enumeration, configurations, and interfaces?

TIA,

Bill

Reply to
Bill Davy

Not exactly the feedback you are looking for...but...

I did use Jungo products for a PCI development a few years ago. A very good product that was easy to use. I have no reason to believe that their USB products wouldn't be of similar quality and easy to use. I'm guessing that you will be able to remain blissful on at least a few of your concern areas.

Now the bad. My biggest problem, at the time--about 4 yrs ago, was no tech support in the USA. The time-zone differences meant about 24 hrs or so to get any questions resolved. The support was as good as it could be under the circumstances, short of having a support team available in a typical US time zone. Perhaps the company has grown enough and now has support in the USA. If so, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

Hope this helps.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

Many thanks for this. There seems to be local (UK) support (though they never did call me back) but things have moved on. The price was a bit steep and there is WinUSB available for XP and Vista, 32 and 64 bits. So I am currently trying to cobble something together. I do hate WDK but it is great software. I am sure my problems are my limitations.

Can anyone see what is wrong with the following, and surmise a fix (red comment is from chkinf)?

[CoInstallers_AddReg]

HKR, , CoInstallers32, 0x00010000, "WinUSBCoInstaller.dll",

"WdfCoInstaller01005.dll, WdfCoInstaller"

; (E22.1.1066) Bad value for RegRoot (""WdfCoInstaller01005.dll, WdfCoInstaller"") in CoInstallers_AddReg.

Reply to
Bill Davy

I have been through similar problems before with PCI. Jungo tools are fantastic, but nothing takes the place of fulling understanding the MSDN doco. Trust me, its worth reading.

Reply to
The Real Andy