HELP! PIC18F8722 Port F Input Problem

Hi,

I'm using the 18f8722. What I've noticed is that when I power up the device and try to read Port F, I do not get anything back from pin 7 until after a few seconds of waiting. The circuit is fine, and the port f pin 7 works fine on some hardware and this problem occurs on other. There's some kind of pic hardware issue with the functionality of using pins 5/6/7 on port f. I've done some testing and debugging by moving lines to different pins but I've noticed that there's some 'correlation' between pins 5/6/7 on portf.

It all points towards a silicon issue possibly with the pic and has yet to be reported by Microchip. There's no info on the Silicon Errata datasheets.

Help greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Reply to
GaryI