How to use an eVC lib with arm-wince-pe-gcc ?

Hello,

I use arm-wince-pe-gcc to make programs for a Qtek-XScale (ARM) PDA. When I link with "standard" functions (MessageBox, etc...) which are in coredll.lib , everything is okay. But I'd like to use the DLL "gx.lib" (a minimalistic graphics lib for WinCE). So i tried and got the eVC SDK from Microsoft. I put the "gx.lib" (from the SDK) in the GCC "lib" directory. It seems to have same structure than the "coredll.lib" (which was present when i installed the ARM-GCC suite).

When i compiled, i got error messages: /tmp/arm/tst$ arm-wince-pe-gcc gapi.c -e WinMainCRTStartup

-L/tmp/arm/tst/cross-tools/lib -lgx Warning: .drectve `/DEFAULTLIB:"coredll.lib" /DEFAULTLIB:"corelibc.lib" ' unrecognized Warning: .drectve `/DEFAULTLIB:"coredll.lib" /DEFAULTLIB:"corelibc.lib" ' unrecognized Warning: .drectve `/DEFAULTLIB:"coredll.lib" /DEFAULTLIB:"corelibc.lib" ' unrecognized /tmp/cckI8ksr.o:gapi.c:(.text+0x28): undefined reference to `GXOpenDisplay' /tmp/cckI8ksr.o:gapi.c:(.text+0x4c): undefined reference to `GXGetDisplayProperties' /tmp/cckI8ksr.o:gapi.c:(.text+0x50): undefined reference to `GXOpenInput' /tmp/cckI8ksr.o:gapi.c:(.text+0x60): undefined reference to `GXGetDefaultKeys' /tmp/cckI8ksr.o:gapi.c:(.text+0x78): undefined reference to `GXCloseInput' /tmp/cckI8ksr.o:gapi.c:(.text+0x7c): undefined reference to `GXCloseDisplay'

It seems than "gx.lib" is not seen by GCC.

So i tried and made a def file with the functions (file: gx.def): LIBRARY GX DESCRIPTION "Implemente la lib gx" EXPORTS GXOpenDisplay @1 GXGetDisplayProperties @2 GXOpenInput @3 GXGetDefaultKeys @4 GXCloseInput @5 GXCloseDisplay @6

and i generated the "lib" file with dlltool: arm-wince-pe-dlltool -d gx.def -l gx.lib

It did a "gx.lib" as expected. I replaced the gx.lib in lib directory with my brand new one.

It compiled ok. When i put the exe on the PDA, it says: "not a valid pocketPC application".

What should i do ? Please! Thank you.

Reply to
JSeb