How do you like Freescale Codewarrior compared to other IDEs?

What is your opinion of Freescale's Codeware IDE?

Reply to
RumpelStiltSkin

Le Sat, 11 Oct 2008 08:48:21 -0700, RumpelStiltSkin a écrit:

A piece of nonsense. I really suffer with the wonderfull CodeWar/Windoze couple these past weeks.

It really unfortunate that gcc has not been ported to Freescale 56000/E processors

--
HBV
Reply to

I played with it a while back. Their "java beans" defined a constant that was renamed with a #define three times in three header files before finally being declared as a constant. None of the intermediate names were referenced anywhere. What junk.

ex:

#define name1 name2 #define name2 name3 #define name3 0x1234

Reply to
RumpelStiltSkin

I don't like it very much, especially the debugger. I am spoiled by using Rowley's Cross Studio for the MSP430. (For the record, I do NOT recommend using the MSP430 processor except in certain applications.)

I do not use the editor portion of the IDE since I already have one I like. Fortunately, CW lets me edit outside of the environment fairly well, but has to be reminded to check for edited files before it re-compiles.

It compiles OK, but sometimes it seems the code it generates is less efficient than it could be.

Reply to
Mr. C

How does HATE sound.to you.

It came as part of the ARM developers toolkit that I had to suffer. Fortunately It was quite easy to use another editor in its place and simply ues it as the world's most expensive make utility.

Reply to
ian.okey

Sounds about right to me. I also used it with the ARM ADS. It does give the ability to double-click an error message to edit the source file.

Compiler and path settings always seem incomplete and/or poorly structured. The compiler settings for a PPC project were much worse. Very limited GUI ability which made it impossible to set some command line options.

Scott VSC

Reply to
Not Really Me