GSM/GPRS query

We're currently using a Wavecom GSM for monitoring industrial flow equipment on customers sites, and wish to upgrade to a GSM/GPRS module. Can anyone recommend one such module that is easy to program, reliable, supported by the manufacturer, and of course cheap?

Reply to
dmm

Why not using Wavecom GSM/GPRS modules ?

"dmm" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

"Robert Lacoste" kirjoitti viestissä news:411871e5$0$305$ snipped-for-privacy@news.club-internet.fr...

Wavecom is not reliable.

Reply to
nykasenperhe

We're currently using the Wavecom M2106B. My boss wants me to source an alternative unit. Today I found that Falcom have what they say is a drop-in replacement for the Wavecom. Has anyone used their I2D 900/1800 unit?

Been alright so far as far as I know. What's your story?

Reply to
dmm

Have you looked at the Motorola G18 yet?

_GSM_Module.htm

Cheers, Richard

Reply to
richard

What about the GSM modules listed on

? As a customer you will enjoy the huge community based on our forum in the Internet with FAQ and a lot of postings. You will get factory support and you will see that users help users as well. You will stay in a community with more then 950 members around the world. A big "technical family" that grows each month. BTW, I am a happy user too. Regards Meff

Reply to
Meff