GSM based remote telemetry system

Hi,

I am working in a process controlling insruments manufacturing company where we are devoloping a project to control a remote device using a GSM controller. I wish to know whether is there any subscriber service available for such applications. I'm in India. State-TN. Also, let me know if you have any information on availability of standard GSM modules with RS232 interface. Right now we are importing the modules and we are searching for a vendor whos is selling/manufacturing the module in India Itself. Your comments are highly appreciated.

Chans.

Reply to
Chans

Dear Chans.

There are many readily available modules ,especially from Siemens TC35 MC35 series.....have a look over there. If u r planning to get same from or any other from India the cost will b too high.

for such application you can definately contact Airtel as i used same fo my project.

anything else let me know at bhimanipankaj(at)gmail(dot)com

pankaj

Reply to
bhimanipankaj

Thank you for your reply. I asked about such dedicated connection with Reliance. But as of now, they are not providing any such connection. However, lemme check with Airtel. Do you have any idea on procuring the device from Singapore or any other country where this GSM based telemetry is very popular?

Right now we are using old Nokia phone with serial port which works great. However, if I could find a better device which has all the features integrated in it, it will be easy for as to embed the system. Obviously, in India, we are lagging in the GSM based data acquisition and telemetry systems. Once again thank you for your help and awaiting for your reply.

Reply to
Chans

We used a Siemens TC35 in a prototype telematics system a few years ago. No significant problems with it.

pete

--
pete@fenelon.com "there's no room for enigmas in built-up areas" - HMHB.
Reply to

One problem- if you need audio for anything, it's god- awful noisy. See recent thread on this.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Check out

They do a GSM remote camera and telemetry board.

Reply to
harrier

They are using the GSM module listed as below:

- Quad band

- Embbeded TCP/IP , UDP/IP, FTP client,

- Integrated SIM card reader

- Embbeded Python interpreter

- GSM jamming detector

- and Embbeded GPS module soon Regards Meff

Reply to
h.naumann