GPIB with microcontroller (AVR)

I need to control 8 relays by GPIB, therefore I'm looking for a simple design with a GPIB chip (9914/7210 or TNT488) using a microcontroller, preferrable a AVR-type chip. I searched the internet but could not find any references to such a thing. Is there anyone who can help me with this? regards,

Ben

Reply to
Benny

It's pretty straight-forward to attach a 9914 to the external bus of an AVR (remember to use an AVR with external bus).

The tedious work lies in the code to implement the IEEE 488.2 command interpreter if you need to be compatible with the standard. The chip takes care of most of the IEEE 488.1 tasks.

Check the availability of the bus transceivers (chips between 9914 and the IEEE 488 bus). We had problems getting them for the last production runs, already some years ago. In principle, they can be replaced with standard logic and some discrete components.

Been there - done that (although with an Intel 80C188EB).

Tauno Voipio tauno voipio @ iki fi

Reply to
Tauno Voipio