Freescale go 64 bit on power (PPC)

Got the link in a newsletter from them yesterday. Dual 2+ GHz 64-bit power cores with classic FPU (separate 32 FPU registers).

That on a SOC with plenty of stuff... I am impressed and somewhat dreaming on the day this will hit the market, hopefully I'll have some project for it.

Dimiter

Didi

.

and down the scale a little, their new Kinetis M4/FPU also looks interesting, from the frustratingly sparse info they have posted thus far.

16b ADCs, and Parallel interfaces on moderate pin counts expand the more generic 32bit controller choices,

The MHz speeds quoted underlines how much of a ceiling that Flash Speed is, to embedded devices.

-jg

Reply to
-jg