Flash data retention after soldering

Hello all,

I'm using AT45DB041 in my design (SPI Flash, 4Mbit), and I thinking of preprogramming the flash before soldering it to the rest of device - this would avoid the in-system programming. But will the Flash retain data after soldering?

If it would be for couple of pieces, then I wouldn't mind the in-system programming, but as this will be done for 100's of devices, this might save some time...

Regards, Jookie

Reply to
Jookie

er

Absolutely. I don't know if there are reliability studies, but I can tell you as a certainty that we get flash micros bulk-programmed at distribution and we have no perceptible failure rate from this process (nor a significant number of field returns of units that have lost their programming at some point in the future).

Reply to
larwe

OK, cool :) Thank you for a reply. Jookie

Reply to
Jookie

Provided all anti-static proceedures are carried out during the process.

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

fter

I think the conclusion is probably right, but realize that flash micros are usually a different technology and perhaps fab process from typical high density external flashes.

Reply to
cs_posting