External Interrupts on an MPC555 with Quickstart Software

Hello, I'm using the MPC500 quickstart libraries, but I'm having trouble using external interrupts. My board is a PB-0555 manufactured by Axiom, and I'm using Codewarrior. I'm using the following code to initialize external interrupts:

int init(void) { ioctl(USIU, USIUINT_INIT, NULL);

/* enable external interrupts - i.e. set MSR[EE] and MSR[RI] bits */ archEnableInt(); return 1; }

My appconfig.h file contains the following interrupt configuration:

#define IRQ_2_ENABLED 0x01 void irq_testISR(void); #define IRQ_2_ISR_ADDR irq_testISR #define IRQ_2_TRIGGER 0x01

I've stepped through the execution of the program, and everything seems to run fine; but when I ground the IRQ[2] pin on my board, the ISR does not get executed. I'm grounding it through a 4.7k, and I'm sure I'm using the right pin. Could someone show me where I've gone wrong? Also, is the 4.7k necessary? Do the eternal interrupts already have current-limiting resistors? Thanks for your help!

- Kevin

Reply to
mpcuser

You will receive more and speedier responses in either the Metrowerks Community forums: Metrowerks.com/community or in the codewarrior.embedded newsgroup.

Personally, I do mostly 8/16 or DSP CodeWarrior so I cannot be of much help. This older link may help though, but I haven't taken the time to delve into it yet:

Gary Schnabl Detroit

Reply to
Gary Schnabl