ewf modes

Hello,

i am a newbie to XP Embedded and I have some questions about EWF.

I created a XP Embedded Image for a CF-Card. I want to protect the CF- Card from write access with EWF. But which mode should i use.

RAM Mode / RAM Reg Mode: the problem with this modes is, that the Target Computer will run about half a year without a reboot, so the EWF Overlay will require the whole RAM earlier or later. And what if the RAM is full?

Disk Mode: in disk mode, the EWF Overlay is located on an additional partition on the CF Card, right? So, where is the Advantage of EWF, if every write access is still written on CF?

thanks

Richard

Reply to
Rocko

In article , Rocko writes

This is an embedded NG. Try a Windows group.

Reply to
Chris Hills