Embedded Systems Postgrad UK

I have a BEng(Hons) in Electronic and Computer Engineering and several years pic, avr and 68k hardware design and test firmware development experience. I want to bolster my formal education in the form of an MSc

in the area of Embedded Systems at a UK University. I have found the following options, has anyone completed these courses? know which one has the best reputation? or recommend any other postgrad in the UK? Am also thinking about a PhD, but would rather do a taught MSc first.

MSc in Embedded System and Control - Leicester University MSc in Embedded Systems - Heriot Watt University MSc in Embedded Computer Systems Engineering - Northumbria University MSc in Embedded Systems Engineering - University of Huddersfield MSc in Embedded Systems - Greenwich University MSc in Embedded Systems Design - Glasgow Caledonian University

Thanks Alan

Reply to
alanfinnerty

Back in 1996 I applied to Northumbria to do Microelectronics but they wanted very low grades in comparison to everywhere else and that put me off somewhat. I know a few people from my school who went to Herriot Watt and I believe it has quite a good engineering reputation and the Computing Science side isn't bad either. My experiences of Greenwich university are that it is pretty disorganised and not famed for engineering.

If you're planning to do a PhD then it will supercede the masters and you might as well go straight into it and give yourself a year's headstart on earning enough to retire early.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

Heriot Watt is almost certainly the one on the liist with the best reputation for technology.

And I think that all the rest are Ex polys.

tim

Reply to
tim (back at home)