doubt with OV3640 RGB888 format

Hello,

Can anyone help me in setting the registers of the OV3640 to get data i RGB 888 format? And please let me know how the data will be coming out on data bus? for YVU 4222 format whether we will get the two bytes of data in one PCL ie at posedge and negedge?

Regards, Kalyan.

Reply to
kalyanprabhu

I do assume you have the datasheet (I don't for THAT one).

I assume you mean getting data out in RGB rather than YUV encoding.

Then there is the issue of if the Data byte format is 444 or 422, which will be in the datasheet. If there is only 16 data pins even with multiplexing it is unlikely (but not impossible) to get 444 format without a LOT of data shuffling at the receiving end.

I assume that was a typo for YUV 422 format?

On quite a few of the Omnivision colour devices 422 format is supported by positive and negative edge clocking of data.

This can be confirmed by one of the registers being described in the datasheet having a bit that sets which channel of U or V comes out on positive or negative edge, to synchronise reciveing end.

-- Paul Carpenter | snipped-for-privacy@pcserviceselectronics.co.uk PC Services Timing Diagram Font GNU H8 - compiler & Renesas H8/H8S/H8 Tiny For those web sites you hate

Reply to
Paul Carpenter