Continous eeprom checksum microcontroller

Any system using interrupts will use quite a lot of the CPU resources. In a RTOS you may have to run the scheduler after each interrupt to see, if any high priority task became runnable due to the interrupt.

Thus, the job done by interrupts and scheduler is similar to that of the EEPROM checker, even if the high priority tasks do nothing for a long time.

I agree that the null task could be as trivial as a single WaitForInterrupt instruction or a single branch to itself instruction, which will exercise only a small part of the CPU, but this is not the point.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen
[%X]

I think you may have missed the point of my paragraph above. I am quite aware that no-one should tolerate things like an avionics system failing which is why I expect to see redundant sub-systems and voting mechanisms in such overall system structures. I do not consider avionics as one amorphous system but as a collection autonomous sub-systems withj back-up measures, reduncant sub-systems and compliance voting in a mesh that supports the full and continuing functioniung of the air/space craft.

As I stated, I have never worked in avionics but I try and stay abreast of techniques used there just to be aware of methods that may prove useful to me in my own domains (energy, transport and medical)..

Paul E. Bennett ....................
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy .....
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972 .........NOW AVAILABLE:- HIDECS COURSE......
Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095 .... see http://www.feabhas.com for details.
Paul E. Bennett