How do you interface C328 Camera with HyperTerminal software

Hello

How do you connect C328-7640 using RS232 to a PC through HyperTermina software.

Do I need somekind of additional component between the cam and PC? Or an thing else I should consider?

Thanks

Reply to
menix

Are you seriously expecting to use Hyperterminal to connect to a video camera?

Would you attempt the same with a web-camera?

First thing find the documentation and work out what you are trying to do.

    PC Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

You need a voltage level translator at least. C328 accepts commands in binary mode and do the transfer in binary, so i'm not really sure you can interface to it through the HyperTerminal. You need to develop some API.

Reply to
runner

A quick googurl yesterday showed a c328 development board with a uart, maybe you should try and get the evaluation sofware.

I would aslo suggest terraterm instead of hyperterminal software, anyway

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

You'll need an RS-232 driver/receiver chip. One that would work in this application is the MAX3232 but there are others. Of course, that drives the need for the outboard components (caps), a regulated power supply, connectors, etc.

Also, the serial interface needs more than just ASCII characters, such as would be available under a text terminal app like Hyperterminal. You *might* be able to get it working using Hyperterminal and some creativity but it would be a major PITA.

Your best bet would be to start with the eval board (C328-EV232) and its supplied software. Once you have that working, move to something like a direct interface to a microcontroller. You can go pin to pin to a 3.3 V microcontroller; no RS-232 level translation required.

Reply to
Rich Webb