barometric pressure sensor needed

Hi all,

I'm looking at designing a weather station with a Atmel ATmega32L microcontroller. I've found temperature and humidity sensors, but haven't found anything to measure the barometric pressure. Anyone have any leads?

--Doug

Reply to
Douglas Rhodes

Motorola MPX4115A, fairly cheap (under $20US singles), easy to obtain (DigiKey and other large stocking distributors), temperature compensated, signal conditioned 0.2 - 4.8 volt output.

Marc

Reply to
Marc Ramsey

Sells a 1-wire interface device. It has an internal temperature sensor also (required because of calibration data) Kind of expensive at $65US but the data sheet says it is fairly accurate.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Korman

Meindert,

Looks good. How can I order one? Do I need to use a distributor? I'm in the US.

Thanks.

--Doug

haven't

leads?

Reply to
Douglas Rhodes

Jim,

This looks good also.

Thanks.

--Doug

haven't

leads?

Reply to
Douglas Rhodes

Peter Anderson at

uses the Motorola MPX4115

Reply to
Alan Holt

1 kPa = 0.29530 in. Hg

Marc

Reply to
Marc Ramsey

Looks good. Does anyone know how to convert kPa to in Hg?

--Doug

haven't

leads?

(DigiKey

101.32 kPa = 29.95 in Hg

Tauno Voipio tauno voipio @ iki fi

Reply to
Tauno Voipio

[1] c:\dnld\scratch>units 2083 units, 71 prefixes, 32 nonlinear units

You have: 1 kPa You want: inches Hg * 0.29529983 / 3.3863886

Please do not toppost.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

Sorry - did I? (blush!)

Tauno Voipio tauno voipio @ iki fi

Reply to
Tauno Voipio

With a long discussion going on sometimes it is easier to follow top or mid-posting. In the mean time, get a life.

Reply to
Theron Hicks

No, please do toppost! This is a perfect example of when topposting is preferable. The point of the post was to ask a question, namely:

This question does not need a context to be understood. Most people reading it will not need to page down to find out why the OP want's to know the conversion factor. If anything, the OP might have been better advised to trim more of the quoted text, but that is another issue. If the OP had followed your advice, fewer people would have read his question, and he would have had a lower chance of getting an answer.

If you are going to dogmatically ask top-posters to bottom post, please pick better candidates - ones where topposting is confusing. You will notice that I am bottom posting here, not because I dogmatically believe in it, but because it seems to fit in this particular instance. I wouldn't have said anything, but the OP seemed so taken in by your high and mighty admonition that I just had to let him no that he did nothing bad.

-Robert Scott Ypsilanti, Michigan (Reply through newsgroups, not by direct e-mail, as automatic reply address is fake.)

Reply to
Robert Scott

In addition to not top-posting, please snip material that is not germane to your reply.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

Please don't. Only microcephalic cretins top-post. Of course if that's how you want to present yourself, go ahead.

Then it should be posted on its own. If you don't need any context, delete the previous post entirely.

Reply to
Geoff McCaughan