barometric pressure sensor needed

Hi all,

I'm looking at designing a weather station with a Atmel ATmega32L
microcontroller. I've found temperature and humidity sensors, but haven't
found anything to measure the barometric pressure. Anyone have any leads?

--Doug

Re: barometric pressure sensor needed

Motorola MPX4115A, fairly cheap (under $20US singles), easy to obtain (DigiKey
and other large stocking distributors), temperature compensated, signal
conditioned 0.2 - 4.8 volt output.

Marc

Re: barometric pressure sensor needed

1 kPa = 0.29530 in. Hg

Marc

Re: barometric pressure sensor needed

Marc,

Looks good. Does anyone know how to convert kPa to in Hg?

--Doug

haven't
leads?
(DigiKey

101.32 kPa = 29.95 in Hg

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio @ iki fi

Re: barometric pressure sensor needed

[1] c:\dnld\scratch>units
2083 units, 71 prefixes, 32 nonlinear units

You have: 1 kPa
You want: inches Hg
        * 0.29529983
        / 3.3863886

Please do not toppost.

Re: barometric pressure sensor needed

Sorry - did I? (blush!)

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio @ iki fi

Re: barometric pressure sensor needed
With a long discussion going on sometimes it is easier to follow top or
mid-posting.  In the mean time, get a life.

Re: barometric pressure sensor needed
*** top-posting fixed ***

... snip ...

In addition to not top-posting, please snip material that is not
germane to your reply.

Re: barometric pressure sensor needed

No, please do toppost!  This is a perfect example of when topposting
is preferable.  The point of the post was to ask a question, namely:

This question does not need a context to be understood.  Most people
reading it will not need to page down to find out why the OP want's to
know the conversion factor.  If anything, the OP might have been
better advised to trim more of the quoted text, but that is another
issue.  If the OP had followed your advice, fewer people would have
read his question, and he would have had a lower chance of getting an
answer.

If you are going to dogmatically ask top-posters to bottom post,
please pick better candidates - ones where topposting is confusing.
You will notice that I am bottom posting here, not because I
dogmatically believe in it, but because it seems to fit in this
particular instance.  I wouldn't have said anything, but the OP seemed
so taken in by your high and mighty admonition that I just had to let
him no that he did nothing bad.

-Robert Scott
 Ypsilanti, Michigan
(Reply through newsgroups, not by direct e-mail, as automatic reply address is
fake.)

Re: barometric pressure sensor needed

Please don't. Only microcephalic cretins top-post. Of course if that's how
you want to present yourself, go ahead.

Then it should be posted on its own. If you don't need any context, delete
the previous post entirely.

Re: barometric pressure sensor needed

http://www.aagelectronica.com/aag/index.html

Sells a 1-wire interface device. It has an internal
temperature sensor also (required because of
calibration data) Kind of expensive at $65US but the
data sheet says it is fairly accurate.

Jim

Re: barometric pressure sensor needed
Jim,

This looks good also.

Thanks.

--Doug

haven't
leads?

Re: barometric pressure sensor needed
Meindert,

Looks good. How can I order one? Do I need to use a distributor? I'm in the
US.

Thanks.

--Doug

haven't