ATtiny10

Hi

everybody any luck getting them? no disti has stock, and Atmel sample order just doenst respond to requests :(

Antti

Reply to
Antti

They are gone for good. Closest production part seems to be the ATTINY12. I happen to like the ATTINY25 myself, but it is slightly more expensive.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Hehe - you are thinking of the *old* Tiny10, Antti is after the shiny

*new* 2009 release of the Tiny10. This new one is a nice part, SOT23, (a tad pin-bound), with ADC. [Shame about the reset-release time...]

-jg

Reply to
-jg

Cool. It would be nice to have another USD $0.50 part. They make good reset generators among other things...

Reply to
Jim Stewart

PIC12F509? (for 8-pin)

Reply to
larwe

status: NOT AVAILABLE

ATtiny10, ATtiny9, ATtiny5, ATtiny4 none of them are available from stock or in quantity less than 5000 pieces.

this is what i know today, thats the reason i asked :)

i hope the status will change one day, but currently it is as it is :(

Antti jg you did refer to 128ms Tout, right?

Reply to
antti.lukats

On Sep 4, 5:33=A0am, " snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com"

Why must it be an AVR, is my question? Atmel is notorious for this sort of thing. Sometimes it is because they plan to introduce a replacement part, sometimes it is not.

I like AVRs too, but for applications in the tinytiny space, I find Microchip to be in the same price range or more usually cheaper, and I can overcome my distaste of the PIC architecture long enough to design them in...

Reply to
larwe

reason 1:

I DO NOT LIKE HIGH VOLTAGE programming IC's (6 pin PICs all are..)

Antti

Reply to
antti.lukats

On Sep 4, 7:00=A0am, " snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com" :

Fair enough. MSP430F2001, $0.39 in sufficient quantity...

Reply to
larwe

MSP430F2001 QFN16 but 4x4 mm !! :( ATtiny13A 3x3 mm + has self programming capability price about the same

Antti

Reply to
antti.lukats

On Sep 4, 9:33=A0pm, " snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com" >

IIRC when we looked at this device, the reset-startup time was fixed, and very long, so that killed it for one application we had. Maybe Atmel will fix this on a newer mask. At least make it user- choice.

-jg

Reply to
-jg

Antti skrev:

You should forget ordering samples on any Atmel webpage. You need to order samples through a local distributor.

I can see that the first ATtiny10-THSR sample ordered in the Nordic area was shipped mid-June, so they should be available.

Production volume is different.

5000 units seems to be a lot. Maybe it is delivered in tape & reel and that is the size of a tape. Not sure what the Minimum Order Quantity is, but If I'd have a guess, then it is $500 and that means 1-2000 units.

I just ordered some ATtiny10's to test availability.

BR Ulf Samuelsson

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

Antti skrev:

You should forget ordering samples on any Atmel webpage. You need to order samples through a local distributor.

I can see that the first ATtiny10-THSR sample ordered in the Nordic area was shipped mid-June, so they should be available.

Production volume is different.

5000 units seems to be a lot. Maybe it is delivered in tape & reel and that is the size of a tape. Not sure what the Minimum Order Quantity is, but If I'd have a guess, then it is $500 and that means 1-2000 units.

I just ordered some ATtiny10's to test availability.

BR Ulf Samuelsson

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

Ulf,

do you know if there is a sample of T10 included with the

tiny10 package adapter? it is in stock at digikey, so i am ready to buy that just to get one sample..

Antti

Reply to
antti.lukats

One or two people on the AVR Freaks forum have reported getting hold of samples. Another problem is programming them; I don't think they are supported by any of the standard programming devices like the Dragon.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

i am able to develop my own programming algorithm for ATtiny10 withing limited number of hours the lack of tools is no concern for me, has never been

Antti

Reply to
antti.lukats

Leon schrieb:

The PDI interface is the same you find on the XMEGA series. Newer JTAGMKII and ISPMKII can program them.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Frank-Christian Krügel
Reply to
Frank-Christian Krügel

yes, the TPI is very similar to PDI used in Xmega well it using 3 pins not 2 as PDI, but the physical layer and protocol are very similar

Anti

Reply to
antti.lukats