__ASM() and *.s33 to *.C files (continued)

It's inlined i.e. not called, static code in rom.

__ASM(unsigned char*) means "I will compile your string here". There's
no runtime-anything involved.

 - Robin

Re: __ASM() and *.s33 to *.C files (continued)

It almost certainly doesn't.  You may *wish* it to mean that, but it
won't.

Re: __ASM() and *.s33 to *.C files (continued)

Oh no! my compiler is "almost certainly" wrong:-

Source
******
int __low_level_init(void) {
        __asm("nop");

C_Spy output
int __low_level_init(void)
04A987        __low_level_init:
04A987    A7    NOP
    __asm("nop");

If I had a wish, it would be that I could squeeze the spot on my back.

Robin

Site Timeline