ARM9 Choice

Thanks to helps for everybody

Reply to
icegray

My big chance to take a shot at Intel/Marvell regarding Xscale:

Stay away from anything Xscale or Marvell or Intel. Engineering support is pathetic to non-existent from both Intel and Marvell. The PXA270 is EOL. Nobody at Marvell is able to help and even willing to lift a finger to help. The Intel web site sucks if you need to find information. Marvell's web site is a joke last time I looked.

JJS

Reply to
John Speth

Un bel giorno badal_akr digitò:

Lucky you!

There are plenty:

If you want more, google for "linux phone". You will find also some open projects like OpenMoko, exciting but not ready for the mass market (and probably they'll never be, but still...).

--
emboliaschizoide.splinder.com
Reply to

Ok, it has been many years ago but we studied this matter quite intensely. We ended up not being convinced at all regarding WinCE. From MS we mostly got answers like "this partner" or "that partner" would have the answer. So we went with QNX, where all our questions were exhaustively answered by the local sales guy, he didn't even have to contact the factory much. Now that is a reliable OS.

This was for a medical ultrasound scanner BTW. Flat screen, networkable, the works.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

meddelandetnews: snipped-for-privacy@b29g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...

what is the main advantages of Dual External Bus Interface at AT91SAM9263? Can i connect and configure to different RAMs like as embedded computing RAM and video RAM? if yes, can i do it with linux?

==> Yes, EBI0 is the primary bus, typically 32 bit SDRAM. EBI1 is the secondary bus, typically 16 bit PSRAM

When the LCD is doing display refresh, it reads the display data from EBI1. For a static display, once the images is available in the PSRAM, the display refresh will cause zero overhead on EBI1.

It should be possible to use with Linux, but still needs work on the driver level. I know a consultant which started working on such a driver some weeks ago.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

If your experience is with Renesas why not move up to M32C?

Albert van der Horst

There are more ARM users so more document and more support. Also ARM is better than M32C to future.

Reply to
icegray