Architecture Of Typical 900MHz/5.8GHz Cordless Telephones

What's typical archictecture? How much RAM? What CPU? Anyone have an experience hacking them, as in reprogramming?

Thanks,

-Le Chaud Lapin-

Reply to
Le Chaud Lapin

I don't know much about their details, but I have figured out that there is only one DSP chip and it is tied up doing either the answering machine voice compression, or the cordless link voice compression; it can't do both at the same time. I believe this is why nearly all combo machines do not allow you to listen to the messages from the handset. Likewise, the handset can't be used to monitor an incoming message being recorded. I used to be able to do all of that from my analog phone. But the battery seemed to give up the ghost and a new battery did not fix it. :(

Reply to
rickman