ADPCM Coder/Decoder

Hi, I need some technical information. I would like to know if you can supply us a software that can make a ADPCM or LPC coding and that is implementable on a 16 bit microcontroller. Our aim is to realize a voice board that can record up to 8 minutes time on static ram. So we suppose compress an voice stream to maximun 16 Kbit/sec. thanks fabio

Reply to
fabio

Fabio,

First, I don't know what is your quality goal however the ADPCM at

16kbit/s sounds very lousy. The lowest MIPS codec with the reasonable quality at the bitrate below 16kbit/s is GSM 6.10. We can build one for your CPU. My email is given at the website below:

Vladimir Vassilevsky

DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant

fabio wrote:

Reply to