AD7731 again

It isn't working with 4MHz also, it doesn't pull RDY line down, does anyone have any code part for driving this AD, perhaps for 8051?

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

First of all, do you have a digital scope or logic analyzer to verify the bit patterns you are sending? If you're sending something that looks like the datasheet, it should talk.

Read the datasheet carefully. I've found Analog Devices datasheets to be written in a style somewhat different than most and a little hard to fully understand.

Secondly, are you issuing a self-cal command. before you do anything else? I worked with a somewhat similar AD7711 many years ago, connected to an x86 processor and I recall getting nothing but zeros until I ran a self-cal command.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Well, Stewart, unfortunately I don't have digital scope, and that is why I'm strugling so much.

It started pulling RDY pin, but now I get some strande result of conversion it might be connected to that self-calibration, I'll try that.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

Call me Jim.

Let us know what you find out. You can pick up a used logic analyzer for almost nothing and it's a handy thing to have on the shelf. A UK company called Rocky Logic makes a real cute USB logic analyzer that would work fine for what you're doing.

If you live within driving distance of Sacramento California, I'll *give* you a logic analyzer.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I will post when I solve the problem.

Unfortunately, Jim I'm from Europe.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

Nothing for now, I do an initialization at the begining (self-scale and self-zero calibrations) but it doesn't help, all zeros for now.

I have to get some scope to try.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey