Subject Author Posted Replies

USB/SCSI-2 interface chip ?
Dear all, We are looking for an USB to SCSI-2 bus interface chipset. Not a ready-made interface cable, but either a dedicated bridge chip (I'm afraid they no longer exist...) or a microcontroler/FPGA...
4
4

MIPS Introduces Aptiv Generation Cores
They look impressive and compete with ARM nicely. Article includes a roadmap comparison and power dissipation figures. Bill Giovino
3
3

EuroForth 2012 dates and location
The Forth conference, EuroForth 2012, will be held at an Oxford college from 14-16 September 2012. There will be a two day Forth standards meeting 12-14 September. We will publish more details on the...

Altera Cyclone Processor
Hi! I have very little (almost nothing ) experience working with Altera Cyclone II kit, but I have a problem and looking to find a solution to a problem. I want to use a processor for building...
3
3

SOLIPSYS LABS provides Embedded Systems & Digital Signal Processing Training @ bangalore
SOLIPSYS LABS is a technology company with core specializations in mathematical modeling and simulation along with design and development of embedded systems for a wide range of industrial...
1
1

C preprocessor magic to put a define in a string
Title says it all. I'd like to be able to pass version numbers in as command-line defines, then do some magic such that they can appear both in strings and in numbers. So, I call something like: g++...
20
20

DC Drive
Motion Controllers are used for numeric control using pulse strings, multi-axis control and synchronized cam control. Motion Controllers are widely used in the packaging, printing, textile,...

Pronouncing numbers
Hi, I'm trying to settle on a pronunciation algorithm for numeric strings (e.g., "1234567.89") for my *backup* speech synthesizer (i.e., the synthesizer that MUST WORK regardless of what else might...
12
12

CAN <--> USB Adapter
Can anyone recommend a good CAN to USB adapter? I need to interface a PC to an industrial control system that uses CAN. I have two primary requirements: robust hardware (this will running in a system...
12
12

Any very low power SPI flash?
Hi, i am developing a battery (CR2032) powered device that must log a few sensors for a minimum of 3 months every minute but longer would be better. The duty cycle is very low. In order to save the...
9
9

Building the Board Support Packages
Hello TO all guys I want to know that how to make a BSP ( Board support Packages ) for a new hardware using Linux kernel. I mean is there any tutorial in regard with this topic. Also what are the...
7
7

OT: A "decomposed" business structure
Hi, I suspect many folks have telecommuted, worked off-site, etc. As regular employees, subcontractors, etc. And, possibly with many *other* such INDEPENDENT people at the same time. But, in my...
43
43

integration testing framework
I am currently looking for an integration testing framework for C and embedded. Ideally it should be possible to emulate hardware (input boards). Do you know any open source solutions that you have...

Alternate PHY Usage
[This followup was posted to and a copy was sent to the cited author.] Does anyone have any comments about an idea to utilize RMII PHY chips to create a custom data link between two end points without...
10
10

Run-time "options"/configuration
Hi, I'm trying to come up with an *intuitive* way of handling "options" as they pertain to run-time operation of "programs". E.g., in a command-line driven environment, these would be "switches"...
11
11