85-bits CRC

Dear all:

I have to compute a long CRC (85 bits). I'm used to compute 16-bits and

32-bits CRCs, using tables or using "brute-force" algorithms (via software) which make use of the fact that 16 bits or 32 bits makes a word or half a word.

But 85 bits demands, perhpas, other approaches, to be effective. I wonder if some of you can point me in the right direction. Is there any other group more suited to be asked? Books, references?

-- Saludos, Ignacio G.T.

Reply to
Ignacio G.T.

I am curuous what is this for?

CRC is a remainder of the polynomial division. Thus you can extend the 85 bit CRC polynomial to 96 bit polynomial, which is a multiple of machine word. The 96 bit CRC can be computed efficiently, and then you convert the

96 bit CRC to 85 bits.

Vladimir Vassilevsky DSP and Mixed Signal Consultant

Vladimir Vassilevsky