voltcraft 4005 power suppy repaired

Hi

Forgive me for posting this in English, but this was the only group that mentioned this power supply. I've worked with it for several years, the low current readings (and settings) are crappy, but above 10mA, the thing works reasonably well.

Anyway, mine failed. I opened it up, and saw how it worked. The device has two power supplies, one for the main power and onde for the several Atmel controllers and the display. The second power supply is fed with

325V DC from the first power supply, that's why several components (fuse, rectifier bridge, etc) are missing.

The second power supply was broken: it got 325V DC, but didn't have any output. A 100k resistor was cracked a bit and somewhat discolored by the heat. I replaced this and the this was fine again.

Greetings from Holland, snipped-for-privacy@xs4all.nl

Reply to
eur.van.andel