so 0V/3.3V is a perfect TTL signal. There is no need to use
the maximum. A maximun is just that: A maximum.
--
Manfred Winterhoff, reply-to invalid, use mawin at despammed.com
homepage: http://www.geocities.com/mwinterhoff /
Re: convert 3V V.24 to 5V TTL

The signal is already TTL compatible - TTL specifications say that any
signal between 2V and 5V (IIRC) is logical 1 and below 0,8V is logical
0. If you need 5V then use any 74xx that is usable as inverter or buffer
(for example, Inverters, AND or OR gates).

Gruß,
Arne

Re: convert 3V V.24 to 5V TTL

As MaWin wrote: 0V / 3V3 is a perfect TTL signal. If you need 5V CMOS
levels, then use any 74HCTxx circuit, e.g. 74hct08, which is supplied
with 5V and accepts TTL levels.

Martin

Re: convert 3V V.24 to 5V TTL

Want you to connect a rs232 signal to a microcontroller?

Then use a chip like max232cpe.
This is a inverting driver, but most UARTS use such a device.

--
MFG Gernot

Re: convert 3V V.24 to 5V TTL

And if anything should be in 3.3V then use the MAX3232 which can be
driven with 3.xV and is als 3.3V compliant.

regards

--
Ulrich Prinz
Re: convert 3V V.24 to 5V TTL

Feed it into a 74(V)HCT gate with 5V supply.  Note however that 3.3V
is already "regular TTL", so no voltage translation is required unless
you really want the signal to swing to 5V (for other reasons).

Site Timeline