WMA file 'noise'

I accidentally saved a file of low freq sine waves (chromatic octave starting 55Hz down to 27Hz -6 dB fs) in .WMA format using Adobe Audition 1.5. Recalling the WMA file into Audition shows what looks to be 'noise' as in +/- 2 dB amplitude variations. The noise does not seem to be harmonically related to the test frequencies and is barely audible but it looks aweful on the waveform display.

I assume the WMA encoding in Audition is good as the rest of their processing sounds to be first rate. I see nothing at all like this with MP3 files. Any insights?

Glenn Gundlach

Reply to
stratus46